Saturday, July 3, 2010

Blogging

Blogging has been a form of discipline I have been using to keep me writing. Lately though, I have noticed that what I would want to write or what I do write is not something that I would necessarily want people to read. Do we go through phases where this occurs? There are too many heart-felt emotions that run through my last writings (non-published) and I know that these are writings for which I could and would take no criticism. But much of my other writing certainly contains some of these same emotions and I am willing to share. What is the difference? I apologize for my recent lapses and will try to carve out the time to write material which I would feel free for others to read.  

5 comments:

  1. I go through that too. Sometimes I start a post and then realize it is too personal or too apt to be misunderstood. It's hard!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know exactly what you are talking about. With Clear Blue Window I made the decision early on not to edit it too much - but that is because the whole purpose of the blog is for me to work through all the stuff I usually keep hidden. However, I am aware of who reads it as far as family and friends are concerned, so I do avoid personally identifying information when I am talking about them (unless they have given me permission to use their name etc).

    Recently there have been some major events that will lead to a long, emotional journey and I am not sure that I am ready to share everything about that yet - so I am writing it offline and keeping it until I can use it or file it under PERSONAL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stopping by to let you know I have moved to a new domain. You can see me at www.nothingbutfabulousity.com
    I have numerous giveaways, polls, and contests. Here is the sad part, with my move it appears I have lost all my comments. So if you have entered into anything I actually need you to zoom back and re-comment. If you havent entered into any of them, what are you waiting for? Get your butt over there!! HA!
    Site is under construction so please be patient.
    Stay Fabulous
    Chara
    www.nothingbutfabulousity.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I understand exactly what you are saying. I have gone back to my journals for writing certain things--just easier I guess. But I really do enjoy reading your posts:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is so good to know that others suffer that same lapses that I do. Mine was caused by busyness, grandchildren, fingers in too many pies and exhaustion!
    I am trying to get back into my blogging so please come visit @
    www.happyfamilyhappykids.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete