Monday, April 26, 2010

Thoughts to Ponder

While doing some research today, I ran across an article by Leslie Cain detailing her thoughts on what it takes to be happy in a marriage or relationship. At first I thought her answer was too simplistic, but the more I tried to refute her statements, the more I had to agree with her. If you feel uniquely loved, appreciated, heard and respected, and understood in a relationship, then everything else is covered.

Look at any of the myriad of reasons given for relationship and marital failures:
  • Lack of trust (cheating, lying, jealousy) 
  • Lack of communication (not spending time with each other, avoidance issues, money issues)
  • Lack of Affection (little sex, attention)

       
      The list could go on and on, but the point is that if both parties feel loved, appreciated, heard, respected, and understood, these reasons go away. Makes one think.



1 comment:

  1. This is so very true and I hope you don't mind that I forwarded it to my husband. He needed to read it. <3

    ReplyDelete