Friday, May 21, 2010

Excuses, Excuses, Excuses!

One thing that has really been bothering me for the last decade or so is the inability of mankind to take responsibility for its actions. It is never "my" fault or "our" fault; it is always "your" fault or "their" fault! Other common things that you will hear are I can't  help it because...

  1. I was born this way. 
  2. I didn't know
  3. everyone else does it
  4. I was made to do it
  5. all the ads on television and other media are responsible
  6. he said it was okay
  7. I have ADD or ADHD or Amnesia or any other medical condition
  8. I forgot
  9. I'm not very responsible
  10. I was drinking, doing drugs, or ...
Yes, some of these things may make your life more difficult, but you made a choice of some kind and that choice is where your responsibility lies. You chose to drink, or take drugs, or be irresponsible, or are forgetful, or listen to those ads, etc., etc.

There are also legitimate reasons that somethings happen, but let's all quit making excuses!

2 comments:

  1. I totally agree with you! I have much more respect for people who just admit that they messed up...that's all that needs to be said.

    By the way, if you ever get a chance see if you can get ahold of the June GoodHouseKeeping issue-I thought of you right away when I read the last page of the magazine. It reminded me of your blog about the death of your friend.

    Also--You changed the look of your blog-- I like it:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I'll check and see if I can find it at the library.

    ReplyDelete