Friday, May 14, 2010

Versatility, Awards, and Blogging

A huge thanks to Peggy who writes Look at it as an Adventure where I vicariously enjoy her grandchildren and writing. Check out her blog if you have not already.



Now as I understand it, there are a few rules for this reward:
  • Thank the person who gave you the award.
  • Share seven things about yourself.
  • Pass the award along to up to 15 bloggers who you have recently discovered and who you think are fantastic (in no particular order)
  • Contact the bloggers you have chosen and let them know about the award.
Seven things (in no particular order):
  1. I was raised in Pawleys Island, SC, which is the most wonderful beach in the world!
  2. I have two children, a son born in 1985 and a daughter born in 1987.
  3. My daughter says that she keeps checking my blog to see if I have written about her yet. She would find this a positive thing, not a negative thing!
  4. Some people are surprised by everything that I have done in my life, but I believe in living life to the fullest (usually). As the song says, "I chose to dance."
  5. The best job that I have ever had has been teaching English in high school. Middle school was wonderful also, but very trying! The best experience was taking a group of Juniors and Seniors to London and Paris.
  6. I still wear my hair very, very long, and my children say that I am still a hippie.
  7. Six horses have called me mom during my lifetime: Waccamaw Lady, Brandywine, Sully, Haley, Thunder, and Sunny. Hmmm.....they'd all make good blog entries. 
I am presenting the award to these fantastic blogs:

7 comments:

  1. Pawley's Island? What a fantastic place that is. I lived in Summerville for quite a few years and I loved visiting Pawley's Island. I love your philosophy on life too. Choosing to dance is a wonderful way of thinking.
    I enjoyed reading your post, congratulations on your award and a BIG THANK YOU so very much for passing it on to me. I'm honored.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your well deserved award!

    Thank-you for passing it on to me.
    I enjoyed reading about you. It does sound like you have enjoyed life. I agree with you. Everyday is a new adventure.
    Have a great weekend.
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Missie, thank you for this award (and well done for getting it in the first place!).
    Congrats on the decision to let your natural hair colour shine through. A great website to help you get through transitioning into grey hair is www.goinggraylookinggreat.com. Even if you are not finding it difficult, it's a great place to look at other gorgeous, grey haired women!
    Thanks again,
    Christie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Missie, The one thing I really like about this award (not that I know much about any of them:) is that it is a way to get to know people a little better!
    My two youngest daughters are born in '84 and '87--and the one, who is now an English teacher, is also waiting to read something about herself...I think I will do that one of these days soon:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so strange, Peggy. I would have died if my mother had written about me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stopping by from Follow Back Tuesday to say hi. Iam your newest follower :)
    Stop by and enter my giveaways! I have a giveaway for
    Peter Rabbit Childrens Products &
    3 month menu from E-MEALZ.

    http://extremepersonalmeasures.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on your award! Thanks for thinking of me that is truly awesome. I look forward to putting this up and answering the questions next week, I have to limit the amount of award blogs i do now!
    I love your blog, keep up the great work! ;o)

    ReplyDelete