Wednesday, June 2, 2010

James Ellroy's The Black Dahlia

I checked out this novel from the library with trepidation. It had appeared on the list of 1000 books that we all should read before we die, but I kept telling myself that it was about Elizabeth Short, the Black Dahlia. I have read more than enough about this case and watched too many shows. But...the novel is only minimally about Short. The main focus is on the relationship between two policeman who become thoroughly engrossed with solving her murder. Toss in a few women who play primary roles and you have an entirely different angle on the Black Dahlia. I have to agree that it is well worth reading.

3 comments:

  1. I have been extremely reluctant on getting this book. Now, I just may pick it up. I appreciate the review.
    Chara

    http://charasjewelcandy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was pleasantly surprised by the novel. I hope that you will like it also!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like this is another one to add to my growing list! Thanks for the review:)

    ReplyDelete