Thursday, June 3, 2010

Reading and Relaxing

John has gone out of town until Saturday evening leaving just me here. I have decided that I am going to do the bare minimum and spend my time reading (and writing and computer stuff, but mostly reading). Let's see...what do I have to do: quick trip to the grocery store, feed myself, feed dogs, cats, and horses. Oh, and sleep.
I can handle that! 

I've got fourteen books sitting here waiting to be read. Yes, the books are doing the sitting! Visualize that! Decisions, decisions, decisions. Should I go with "good" books or "junk" books? Shall I read in my chair, in bed, in the chaise lounge in the yard?  Shall I read while taking my bath? I think I can give up on exercise and meditation until Saturday. I may plan some time to work on a new mandela. More about that later. I'm getting ready to climb into bed with a good book, I think. 

9 comments:

  1. A great book in bed NEVER hurt anyone! I think you have given me a fabulous idea, thank you. Let me know what book you indulged in tonight.
    Stay Fabulous
    Chara
    http://charasjewelcandy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. 14 books waiting! HOLY MOLY! lol
    Yep, hope you enjoyed a relaxing day/night! Put your feet up!

    going to browse your blog now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey I have the same problem. Too much to do, so little time and my book reading suffers. I am now following you. Check me out at http://christys62.blogspot.com/. Please lead on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi. Thanks for visiting my blog today. I'm your newest follower.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I dream of having just ONE day to do that...right now I read before bed every evening and am grateful for that:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love curling up with a good book. :) Thanks for swinging by Between the Lines! I'm following you back. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Definitely start with the junk, they're always more fun! :)

    Thanks so much for joining us for Friendly Friday, have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete